Ronn Motor Company is blending the world of exotic performance cars with eco friendly fuel solutions with its first car, the Scorpion. Exclusive styling and uncompromising performance engineering will deliver the ultimate driving and ownership experience.
The first automotive design of several will be a mild hybrid, called the “Scorpion”. This will be a light weight hand built carbon fiber body, over a race car designed chrome-moly chassis, powered by the latest high tech Acura V-Tech, V-6, Type S, 3.5 Liter power-plant from the 2008 TL TypeS.
On board will be our Hydrogen on demand system, which provides 130 octane Hydrogen in real time, blended with gasoline in ratios of 30-50%. Coupled with a close ratio six-speed transmission and other fuel saving measures, the “Scorpion”, highway fuel economy will be in the 40 mpg range, and capable of producing 450 horsepower with the twin-turbo option.
- HID Xenon Headlights
- LED side marker, signal and brake lamps
- Neon lighting in key areas including interior and engine bay
- Carbon Fiber Body – built for us by www.metalcrafters.com
- Carbon fiber side mirrors
- 2 piece forged Modena wheels by MOZ – www.mozwheels.com
- 20 x 9 front – 20 x 11 rear
- Toyo Proxie Ultra High Performance T1R radial tires
- 255/30/20 front – 305/30/20 rear
Produces hydrogen during vehicle operation through electrolysis of water using the power generated from the vehicles electrical system. A small amount of hydrogen added to the vehicles intake air/fuel mixture allows the engine to operate with less fossil fuel. Ronn Motor Company will use this technology in its revolutionary Scorpion to achieve lower emissions and vastly improved fuel economy.
There are two main kinds of Hydrogen Hybrid automobile. These are fuel cell vehicles and Hydrogen internal combustion engines, (HICE) like our first automobile “The Scorpion”. Fuel cell vehicles are electric cars. Hydrogen is pumped into a tank in the car, just as gasoline. The hydrogen gas is then fed into the fuel cell where it is electrochemically converted into electricity–with no combustion, no moving parts and no emissions other than water vapor. The electricity is used to power the vehicle.
Hydrogen ICE vehicles use a regular combustion engine modified to use gaseous hydrogen instead of liquid gasoline (much like a natural gas vehicle is modified). They burn hydrogen or a combination of gasoline and hydrogen, but since there is no carbon in hydrogen, there are no or almost no CO2 emissions and only trace amounts of NOx (oxides of nitrogen). Hydrogen ICE vehicles are typically about 30-50% more efficient than comparable gasoline vehicles.
While the technology has been around for awhile, advances in technology have made it possible to produce hydrogen on board, on demand as needed. We have a strategic partnership with www.hydrorunner.com, which has allowed Ronn Motor Company to bring to market quickly, a premium exotic automobile, that is a perfect first step to a solution of the problems, facing the automobile industry as it enters into this transitional phase.
- 2008 Acura dual overhead cam, aluminum/magnesium block, 3.5 liter, V-tech, V-6, Type S Engine
- 289 Horsepower in stock form, 450 plus with the twin turbo option
- Hydrogen on demand system provided by – www.hydrorunner.com
- 6 speed close ration manual transmission, 6 speed sequential automatic available in 2009
- Light weight clutch and flywheel
- Ronn proprietary refrigerated inter-coolers
- Limited slip differential
- 4 wheel Wilwood 12 inch disc brakes with cross drilled rotors and polished calipers
- Polished stainless spindles and control arms
- Custom race designed chrome moly chassis
- Indy car style: hybrid fully independent front and rear suspensions
- Custom Billet Polished hub carriers and axles from – http://www.dutchmanms.com/
- Dual adjustable polished coil over shocks
- All suspension component are billet aluminum, stainless, painted or polished
More information can be found at Ronn Motor Company
Source - Ronn Motor Company Press
Powered by Facebook Comments